Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Musings While Hiking

I've been hiking a lot recently, it helps me to clear my mind and pray. I've learned that being in silence with God does not have to be motionless.

Below are some pictures and poems from my hikes in the past couple weeks.


"A weed is simply a flower that someone decides is in the wrong place...It deserves an efficacious spot in which to flourish!" Sister Monica Joan from Call the Midwife


I find myself on a path
with cobwebs on my ankles
waiting for a glimpse
of why I am here

for who could have gone before me
if cobwebs cover the path
yet, who could come after me
if they are already broken

for the cobwebs, they lead
and yet they obscure

the cobwebs make us think of loneliness
and yet speak of something left behind

what could have gone before me?
Some-One had to lay the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment